Jump to navigation
Some tips for the swap
- Protect your privacy, don't post your phone number or home address in the ad Description. Use the Address and Contact Informationfields for sensitive information because it will only be viewable to (logged in) UAL students.
- Be clear about what you are offering or looking for, it can be easy to misunderstand people online, uploading an image will be helpful
- Be prompt in your communication with each other
- Be patient, remember that English isn’t everyone’s first language
- If there is money involved make sure it is clear what the payment is for, and give a receipt.
- Promote your ad via Facebook or Twitter and let your UAL friends know, the more views the better your chances.
- Offering accommodation? Please remember that you need your landlord’s permission to sublet or find a replacement tenant. If you do sublet remember that this means you will take on landlord responsibilities.
- Looking for accommodation? View a house or flatshare in the daytime. Let someone know where you're going or take someone with you for a second opinion. Ask what you will be getting for your money and how you will fit into the existing houseshare and contract, and how rent and other payments will be organised. The more information you ask, and get, the better! For more tips, advice and FAQs go to the Accommodation Services website.