Camille Walcott... on 18 Aug 2011
- You can't just sit back and expect to be spoon fed at uni. You have to be proactive.
- Don't leave work until the last minute. Uni is fast paced. Be organised. Make calendars and to-do lists.
- Always keep a notebook and pen handy to write down any random ideas. It's also a good way to stay awake at lectures.
- Have an open mind. Ask as many questions as you can and try not to dismiss ANY opportunities that come your way.
- Socialize . The more contacts you make, the easier life is. If you're shy, act confident 'til it becomes the norm.
- Come out of your comfort zone. Keep a personal sketchbook and constantly experiment to develop your skills further.
- The right environment affects performance. Find a good place to work and play music that won't distract you.
- Focus more on producing work to make a relevant portfolio than making work just for te top marks.