Burgers are as popular as ever and one of my favourite meals, but the only issue is when dining out they can be quite expensive. I have found this recipe to be very sucessful in creating my own burgers, for the fraction of the price but just as good!
450g Minced beef
1 Onion- Finely chopped
1 Egg- Beaten
Salt and Pepper for taste
1 Tsp of flour for shaping
1 Tsp of olive oil
4-6 Burger Buns
Sliced Cheddar Cheese
2 Sliced tomatoes
BBQ sauce, Tomato ketchup, Mayo
1. Put the mince in a mixing bowl and add the onion, egg and seasoning. Mix well ( I find getting my hands in combines the mixture the best)
2. Lightly flour your hands and a chopping board. Divide the mixture into 4-6 equal portions and shape into burgers
3. Chill the burgers in the fridge for 10 minutes. ( Although if you can wait, for as long as possible as it helps them retain their shape!) Preheat the grill/ frying pan and place the chilled burgers onto the grill/ pan carefully brushing with oil.
4. Grill the burgers for 4-6 minutes, flip them over for a further 4-6 minutes till cooked. If frying, similarly fry the burgers on each side for around 4 minutes... depending on how well cooked you want them to be.
5. Pop the buns under the grill to get them lightly toasted, pop in the burger and fill with any fillings you like!
I have found halloumi and avocado to be a good filling, fried onions are also nice, but you can't beat a simple cheese burger!