STEVE MACLEOD – TALK, LAUNCHING MiAL & METRO MENTORSHIP
Monday 9th November 5:30-6:30pm, Central Saint Matins – Room C303
To launch this mentorship Steve MacLeod, Director of Metro Imaging, will be giving a talk on Monday 9th November from 5:30-6:30pm at Central Saint Martins, Room C303. During this talk Steve will be presenting a lecture on this mentorship programme and what students can learn from Metro Imaging and mentorships during their studies. Please book a free ticket in advance on Eventbrite here.
ABOUT THE MENTORSHIP
The successful UAL student will be awarded this bespoke mentorship which will run from January – December 2016, offering tailored support and advice during the final crucial few months study, degree show and then the vitally important first few months as a graduate.
Alongside this mentorship, the winning student will also become a Made in Arts London artist, with the opportunity to showcase their work online at www.madeinartslondon.com as well as MiAL events and exhibitions throughout the year.
The chosen student must currently be studying in their final year at University of the Arts London, graduating in 2016. The selected mentee will be someone who exhibits potential within their current practice, but would greatly benefit from this one-to-one support.
Students from all UAL courses are invited to apply for this mentorship, it is not essential for applicants to use photography as their main practice, but the photography medium must be a strong feature within their work.
THE WINNER WILL RECIEVE:
- A twelve month bespoke mentorship
- £1000 credit to be used against Metro Imaging in-house services
- One to one mentorship including PPD; technical advice; networking opportunities and industry insight
- In-lab experience with various production departments
- Portfolio and practice reviews and advice
- Curatorial advice in shaping their final degree show
- Opportunities to be involved in Metro instigated exhibitions and lectures
- Introductions to MI partners such as BSAA; Shutter Hub and Life Framer
- MiAL Artist membership throughout the year
HOW TO APPLY
In order to apply to this mentorship opportunity you must complete this APPLICATION FORM.
You must provide the following details:
- Full name, student number, UAL email and contact number
- College and course details
- Artist statement
- Information on your current practice
- Details of your work
- Up to five images of your work
Application deadline is Sunday 29th November.
Once the deadline has passed a panel from MiAL and Metro Imaging will meet to review all of the submissions. A shortlist will then be compiled from these submissions; students selected for the shortlist will be invited to attend a short interview with the panel who will then select a winner from the interviewed students.
Applicants will be informed in the first two weeks of December if they are been successful in making the shortlist, if shortlisted we will then arrange an interview time with you directly.
The winner will be announced towards the end of December.